Hurricane hazards come in many forms, including storm surge, high winds, tornadoes, and flooding. This means it is important for your family to have a plan that includes all of these hazards. Download the Tropical Cyclone Preparedness Guide for more information. But remember, this is only a guide. The first and most important thing anyone should do when facing a hurricane threat is to use common sense.
You should be able to answer the following questions before a hurricane threatens:
- What are the Hurricane Hazards?
- What does it mean to you?
- What actions should you take to be prepared?
- Tropical Cyclone Preparedness Guide (pdf)
- 2011 Hurricane Preparedness Week Poster (pdf)
- Hurricane Preparedness Week playlist on YouTube